The sheriff's department released a sketch Friday of a suspect believed to have attacked and sexually assaulted a woman who was jogging while pushing her child in a stroller.
The incident happened around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday along a path near Lake Shore Park.
The victim told police a man armed with a knife jumped out from some bushes, attacked her and then sexually assaulted her. She said the man then took off.
The attack is a concern for those who walk and jog the trails. The sheriff's department has extra deputies patrolling the area until further notice.
- White male, possibly Hispanic
- Mid 30s to 40 years old
- Between 6 feet, 1 inch and 6 feet, 2 inches tall
- Tanned complexion
- Heavy set with a "beer belly"
- Dark brown or black close-cropped hair with a mustache and neatly trimmed full beard (which was cut high on the neck)
- Last seen wearing a black, short-sleeved t-shirt with holes and black "work pants"