(Lorain) - A man's life is snuffed out when fire breaks out at his home on Kentucky Avenue early Sunday in Lorain.  Lorain Firefighters received a call of a house fire about 3:15am Sunday.  

Assistant Lorain Fire Chief Dennis Livchak says they responded quickly and upon arriving on the scene the found flames shooting from the kitchen windows of the home with the flames reaching an upstairs bedroom.  

Chief Livchak says there was one occupant of the home, 39-year old Lonnie Mullett, who lost his life in the blaze.  Chief Livchak says the fire was likely sparked by food left cooking unattended in the home's kitchen.

 Get breaking news sent to your mobile phone. Text "news" to 21095.

(Copyright 2014 Clear Channel, all rights reserved.) 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button