Thank you San Diego for opening your hearts to those in need at #iHeartSDGivesBack. Because of you...
- A 54-foot truck filled with clothing, food, water and supplies was driven to hurricane affected areas courtesy of Coyote Logistics, a UPS Company.
- Over $600 was collected for the Salvation Army's Disaster Relief efforts.
- 105 people will receive the gift of life as a result of your blood donations.
- $300 million has been raised nationally for the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief efforts.
We would like to extend our gratitude to Coyote Logistics, a UPS Company for donating their services, a 54-foot truck, and staff to transport all of your donations directly to Houston.
Coyote Logistics believes in doing the right thing every time.
Many San Diego organizations and iHeartRadio San Diego stations are coming together to collect items and funds desperately needed by those in hurricane ravaged areas of the U.S. Hurricane Harvey alone has claimed more than 40,000 homes, over one million cars, and almost every other possession of people living in the region. Hurricane Irma and the hurricane's following it off the Atlantic have made this crisis even worse.
#iHeartSDGivesBack - you can help give back by DONATING:
Funds to the American Red Cross - Donate HERE
Funds to the Salvation Army - Donate HERE
Blood to the San Diego Blood Bank - Details
Items most needed in hurricane stricken areas:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food
- Can openers
- Baby food
- Baby formula
- Pet food
- Clothes (small through plus sizes
- Baby and children's clothes
- Toiletries (toothbrushes, hair brushes, soap, shampoo)
- Medical supplies / first aid kits
- Disposable plates, napkins, utensils, cups
- Matches / lighters
- Blankets and pillows
- Garbage bags
- Cardboard boxes