County health officials say the state's revised guidelines allows churches, synagogues and mosques to have larger worship services. but outdoors.
At Monday's briefing on the COVID-19 situation, County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher announced that places of worship in San Diego County can hold services and events like weddings outdoors with no limit on the number of people, but they need to follow the physical distancing guidelines. Services and gatherings that are held indoors, must limit the number of people to no more than 25-percent of capacity or 100 people, whichever is less.
The County says indoor weddings are not to exceed 25 percent of a facility’s capacity or 100 people and participants must wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing.
How to Avoid Community Outbreaks
Community outbreaks of COVID-19 are one of t13 triggers that could determine whether to stop or dial back the reopening of the local economy. If seven or more outbreaks occur over a seven-day period, the County would be forced to modify the local Health Officer Order and take additional measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. An outbreak consists of three or more cases.
County public health officials issue guidelines to prevent outbreaks of the coronavirus:
- If you’re sick, stay home and isolate yourself from others.
- If you need to be in public, you must use a face covering if you are close to people outside your household. The coverings help prevent asymptomatic carriers of the virus from spreading it.
- Maintain physical distance from others.
- Avoid crowded places to decrease your risk of exposure.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw it away and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands properly and regularly or use a hand sanitizer.
- If you’re out and about and notice that a business is not following the health guidance, report them to your local police department by calling the NON-emergency number. You also can call the county's 2-1-1 information number.
SEE LATEST San Diego County Coronavirus Report.
(Photo credit Getty Images)