Reform California Chairman Carl DeMaio today blasted Gov. Gavin Newsom and California Democrats for proposing a “reckless and unsustainable” state budget – and he warns that taxpayers will end up facing massive tax hikes to pay for all the wasteful spending Sacramento politicians have in mind.
“If this state budget passes, working families in California will see their cost-of-living skyrocket even higher at a time when California’s high taxes, mandates, and inflation spikes are already forcing so many families to flee our state,” DeMaio warns.
Among the 5 biggest problems identified by Carl DeMaio:
- The budget isn’t really balanced– Billions in pension costs and other liabilities are being hidden by accounting gimmick
- Democrats are trying to steal your Tax Rebate:Under the Gann Limit Constitutional provision, this year’s budget is supposed to include a Tax Rebate to you – but California politicians are trying to steal your tax rebate and keep it to support their spending habits
- Budget fails to address our biggest problems:We face a water shortage, but the budget refuses to fund adequate water infrastructure. Fire management also gets short-changed raising the risk that more families will lose homes this year. Homelessness will get worse because the budget continues to fund provably unworkable programs. Schools can close and see their attendance drop, but they will still get your tax dollars.
- Massive amounts of wasteful spending in the budget:From bloated bureaucracies to $6.1 billion for electric vehicles that don’t work – the budget continues to fund outrageous wasteful spending. Under the budget illegal immigrants will get free government-funded health care too!
- This budget sets the stage for a massive expansion of government with a DOUBLING of your taxes –Sacramento politicians want a new $163 billion tax hike ($12,500 per household per year!!!) all to fund the state government’s takeover of health care. The same state bureaucrats that failed at running the unemployment insurance program will now be the ones that decide whether you get the care to save your live or that of your loved one!
LISTEN TO THE FULL PODCAST: Carl DeMaio Outlines Top 5 Problems with California’s State Budget HERE!
Photo Credit: Getty Images