The museums of Balboa Park have begun reopening and several venues within the park will be open for Labor Day weekend, including dining establishments and gift shops.
The park's interactive calendar will confirm which facilities are open and their hours of operation. There are also many online programs and activities available from museums who have not yet reopened.
Before you visit Balboa Park, you are asked to review visitor requirements for your protection and the protection of others. The video below reviews the requirements as well.
These attractions will be open:
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Museum of Art
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- San Diego Zoo
- Spanish Village Art Center
- San Diego Air and Space Museum
These dining options will be available:
- Prado Restaurant
- Prado Perk coffee cart
- Panama 66 Restaurant
- Panama 66 “grab and go” cart
- Craveology Café at Fleet Science Center
- WorldBeat Center Café (vegetarian)
- Daniel’s Coffee cart in Spanish Village
NOTE: The San Diego Natural History Museum and Museum of Us (formerly Museum of Man) are expected to remain closed through the end of the year.
Photo Credit: Big Stock